Wyndham West District Advisory Committee
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Places and spaces

2 posters

Go down

Places and spaces Empty Places and spaces

Post by Anthony.Rogan Tue May 17, 2016 2:47 pm

This topic will cover issues emanating from the Wyndham 2040 Places and Spaces vision.

Anthony.Rogan

Back to top Go down

Places and spaces Empty Re: Places and spaces

Post by Anthony.Rogan Tue May 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Here is a link to a Web page that discusses poor urban design http://www.domain.com.au/news/biggest-design-crimes-of-melbournes-suburbs-20160516-gouq5n/. Unfortunately, much of Wyndham has been designed like this. The facades of the houses in the Harpley estate which I had so much hope for in terms of attractiveness are just awful. The designs are ancient and little attention has been given to attractive or innovative architecture.

Do we want to take this up as a cause?

Anthony.Rogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kieran Murphy Fri May 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Anthony, I can see your point here. Perhaps it would get more traction if it was broadened out to a more general "streetscape - urban design" overview since many of the houses are taken from plans with penalties for additions from the major companies. Having said that, cities like Jerusalem, where buildings must be finished to a style, in this case Jerusalem limestone, do make for a harmonious finish to the whole of the city. It would be interesting to ask what style parameters are included in the development of greenfield housing estates around Werribbee.

Kieran Murphy

Back to top Go down

Places and spaces Empty Wyndham Housing standards

Post by Anthony.Rogan Sun May 29, 2016 2:05 pm

Kieran Murphy wrote:Anthony, I can see your point here.  Perhaps it would get more traction if it was broadened out to a more general "streetscape - urban design" overview since many of the houses are taken from plans with penalties for additions from the major companies.  Having said that, cities like Jerusalem, where buildings must be finished to a style, in this case Jerusalem limestone, do make for a harmonious finish to the whole of the city.  It would be interesting to ask what style parameters are included in the development of greenfield housing estates around Werribbee.
Thanks Kieran. I have checked whether Wyndham has a housing standards policy and it would appear they have just completed one (Wyndham Housing Standards). Maybe WWDAC could review and see whether it meets community expectations.

Places and spaces Untitl11

The following link Link to PDF is to a PDF file that shows how WWDAC might operate. Check out "Community Listening Posts".

Anthony.Rogan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum